Fire Damage From Dinner On The Stove, Forgotten Because Of A Phone Call
While the home owner was cooking dinner, their phone rang. While talking to a family member on the phone, the home owner forgot about their dinner cooking on the stove until they heard the smoke alarm go off. They quickly grabbed their fire extinguisher and put out the fire. They then called the Sarasota fire department and SERVPRO® of North Sarasota to clean up the aftermath. The owner was delighted that we were able to come out there and make it look "Like it never even happened."
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Keep hands clean.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.
Call SERVPRO of North Sarasota 941-365-4614