Fire Damage on Local Residence from Burning candle
When the owner went to sleep that night they forgot to blow out the candle they left on their porch. Not until 6am they were alerted when their fire alarm went off and noticed the fire was ablaze. She immediately called the fire department and SERVPRO of North Sarasota was called to clean up the aftermath. The owner was delighted that we were able to come out there and make it look "Like it never even happened."
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Keep hands clean.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting a SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service.