Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of North Sarasota Are Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
Call SERVPRO of North Sarasota 941-365-4614. 24 hours 7 days a week.
When water leaks or spills occur indoor-Act Quickly. If wet or damp materials or areas are dried 24-48 hours after a leak or spill happens, in most cases will help stop the growth of mold.
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (941) 365-4614
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Sarasota for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Sarasota has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Longboat Key
- Lido Key
- Lakewood Ranch
- St Armands
- The Meadows
- University Park
- Palm Aire
- Bird Key
- Founders Club
- SRQ Airport
- Ringling Museum
- University Town Center
- Laurel Oaks
- Rosemary District