Let SERVPRO help you take advantage of every minute!
Here at SERVPRO we understand what it means to make sure that your business is running. As a business owner, your business is everything to you, and should be in operation all the time. Especially, with the Sarasota area now becoming a very popular tourist destination it is critical to make sure nothing happens. Unfortunately, mishaps such as a water, fire and mold damages do happen. That is why you need a restoration company who will ready right out of the gates.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota is here to help you. Our offices are located locally here in the Sarasota so when we can get to you with ease. On top of that, on our initial visit is to get your business back up and running. Our technicians are all certified and trained so you know you are getting excellent services at the right price.
We also do carpet cleaning to make sure your business is kept cleaned, and is always at its best when it comes to presenting it to customers. Need our services call us at (941) 365-4614.
How to avoid getting trapped in the flames
Getting caught in a fire is never an easy situation. It is very stressful, and hectic to a very high degree. Plus the effects of the after math make things a lot worse, to a point were we just give up. However, there are ways to avoid this situation or at least keep the damage to a minimum.
Fires can happen at any moment. It can start from a simple house fire, to high temperatures in the blazing desert. This means it's always good to stay prepared. Fires should be thought of as a natural disaster because that is how bad they can become. If you aren't ready the effects can get real bad. Here are some ideas to help you avoid the flames...
- If you have a home make sure to check all your fire alarms. For business owners make sure to check your sprinkler systems.
- Check all fire extinguishers and make sure they are full. Place all fire extinguishers where you have any flammable materials.
- Check all outlets, and make sure they are safe. If you see a spark do not use that outlet, as this can cause a fire really quick without warning.
- Make sure the stoves are off after use!
- Take picture(s) of all your material for insurance.
- Have an emergency plan ready!
Here are some things you can do to recover, and keep your damage to a minimum.
- If you smell smoke, assess the situation. If the fire is small put it out with an extinguisher and then call 911.
- If your sprinklers turn on the have everyone evacuate the building and call 911.
- If you have an emergency plan call those people to help come out to help restore.
We understand fires are never easy, but being prepared is the best way to avoid a situation like this. If you do have fire damage or need an Emergency Readiness Plan (ERP) which is at no charge to you call us here at SERVPRO Of North Sarasota (941) 365-4614.
Don't let water become a guest in your home!
If you live in an open and the land is flat, there going to be something creeping at your door. It's name is Water! Areas that are in an open region of land that is flat are more likely to have water damage or even a flood.
During this time of the year, storms and hurricanes is the number one concern. The worst part is that it starts with just a puddle of water. Even with the door closed, a single puddle can go right through. Here are some ways to protect your home from letting water go right through the crack.
- During the summer and fall season to always make sure there are no cracks or holes in your home. If you are unsure have a trained professional come by.
- If you know there is a storm or hurricane coming, and are not asked to evacuate place some tape or sealant on your door. This will help prevent any water from coming through.
- If you are asked to evacuate then please listen to the authorities.
If you feel there is a water or storm damage call SERVPRO of North Sarasota, we are faster to any disaster and will take care of you immediately. Call us at (941) 365-4614!
Saving Floors From Water Damage And Mold
Injectidry's High Pressure drying systems are specifically developed to target high risk areas of hidden moisture such as: walls and ceilings, even those coated with watertight finishes like PVA paint and vinyl wallpaper coverings, double-sheeted fire walls, party walls, sound barriers, insulation, walls behind cabinets and fixtures and floors. Active Hoseline allows the setup to be safer during the drying process. The blue tape you see on the walls is marking where the moisture levels were taken. The levels of moisture were documented during the drying procedure so the technicians know when the wet areas are dry. The system is set up to blow air through the small injectors into the wall cavities. Air scrubbers are used in the room to keep the air clean while drying.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota is your Fire & Water- Cleanup & Restoration company 24-hours 7-days a week. Call 941-365-4614
Faster to the Disaster- Make it "Like it never even happened."
Be Safe this 4th of July!
Happy Independence Day! When people think about the fourth of July there is one thing that comes to mind... FIREWORKS! Fireworks are fun, pretty, and exciting. However, when people launch fireworks they are never launched safely. Fireworks are a huge reason for house fires, and deaths during fourth of July.
Here are some tips, and how to be safe when launching fireworks....
- Check with your local fire dept. to obtain approval. Remember, in some states fireworks are illegal to launch and can come with a hefty fine as well.
- Look at your local forecast. Do not launch fireworks if there are high winds in your area.
- Look at your surroundings. Do not launch fireworks if there is going to be debris everywhere.
- If you do launch go to the beach or by the water. Make sure to always have a bucket of water in case you are in dry land.
This fourth of July have fun barbecuing, and launching fireworks. If you do just be safe while conducting your activities. Just don't become a victim of a house fire.
Got a fire damage that needs to be looked at call SERVPRO of North Sarasota (941) 365-4614 or (941) 915-1118
How to be safe when shredding the waves.
For beaches its the most popular time of year. This is the time of year to beat the heat. Everyone is going to have fun in the sand, spend some family time, or maybe going to catch a few waves. However, one thing people forget to take into consideration is the waves.
Most people when they look at the waves don't really look at it as a danger, but they are the reason for some of the worst natural disasters in the world. Strong rip currents can cause Tsunami's, Hurricanes, cyclones, and very strong tides. Statistics from 2018 show that 65% of deaths come from strong rip currents. Here are some ways to be safe when you are in the water
- Always make sure to remain between two active life guard station at all times.
- If you start having trouble with the current conditions of the waves stay out of the water until they settle.
- Always have someone watching you on shore to make sure you are okay.
- If you see the yellow flags do not go into the water unless you are a strong swimmer.
- If you start drifting stay calm, and call for help by waving your arms in a relaxed manner.
- If you are at shore and the flag is red, it would be safe to not be at the beach as this could mean a storm is approaching.
Next time you are at the beach follow these steps to be safe. Be prepared, and don't become a victim of natural disasters. If you need help, or was hit by a recent storm call SERVPRO Of North Sarasota! We are faster to any disaster! Call us (941) 365 4614
15 Years of Serving North Sarasota!
We get it selecting a restoration company can be a very stressful, and difficult decision. For most people it's something they never want to think about because it will never happen to them. While this can be true, it's nice to have a plan just in case.
Now when it comes to pricing, the human population has it right we are all the same. However, quality and trust is what you want to factor in. You want a company that you can count on to be there at a moments notice, while still having that peace of mind.
Here at SERVPRO of North Sarasota, that is something we can guarantee. We have been serving the North Sarasota area for more than 15 years with our quality and trust. As a local franchise we are able to assist within a moments notice. Which means if your house if flooded we will be at your doorstep to help in any way possible.
Drip, Drip, Drip
We always here that dripping sound, but never think about fixing the problem. People think that the sound will just stop. However, that is never the case. That dripping sound should be not be taken lightly, but an alarm that something is wrong.
The reason is because if the problem is pro longed not only does it do more damage to your home, but can hurt your wallet. If you continue to let water just drip this can cause broken pipes, a much higher water bill, mold, and water damage. Here are some ways you can protect your home, and stop that annoying dripping sound,
- Always can check your pipes for any loose screws, or bolts.
- To test if you have a leak get a dry towel and press against where the water is coming from for 10 sec. Wait one minute. If there is still water coming out then check for a leak.
- Have your plumber come out at least every four months for a check.
- Check your walls for any holes or water coming out. If you have holes cover them up immediately. Think you have a water coming out call SERVPRO of North Sarasota, and we can do an assessment to see the damage.
Don't let a single drip turn into a flood. Let SERVPRO of North Sarasota help you and make that drip look "Like it never even happened." If you would like an assessment call us at (941) 365-4614.
Don't be a victim of a summer fire!
Happy Summer! Its an amazing time of year. Summer barbecue, night bonfires, fireworks this sounds like a lot of fun! Now it can be a lot of fun, but can also be very dangerous. During the summer, most fires and deaths about 80 percent are during the summer because of these types of activities. Don't get me wrong these are amazing activities, but there is a way to stay safe.
Here are some tips that you can do to make sure you have a safe summer....
- Always barbecue at least ten feet away from your home, and have a bucket of water with you. This will keep you from having that ash smell in your house.
- Going camping or beach to have bonfire? Make sure you have a first aid kit, a form of communication, and a water bucket beside you at all times. If you are camping and telecommunication devices do not work, a flare will help you.
- DO NOT SMOKE INSIDE YOUR HOME! This will not only get your house caught on fire, but you will have that nicotine odor that may last for weeks!
- If you have plans to launch fireworks this 4th of July make sure you do it where there is no debris around, have adult supervision, and a bucket of water. Just a added plus make sure to check with the fire dept. to make sure it is safe.
Summer can be an amazing and not stressful time of the year to spend with family and friends. With a lot of activities, just make sure you are safe and don't become summers next victim! If you have any questions or need some work done call SERVPRO of North Sarasota at (941) 365-4614.
Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. It is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling moisture indoors.
Molds reproduce by making spores that usually cannot be seen without magnification. Mold spores waft through the indoor and outdoor air continually. When mold spores land on a damp spot indoors, they may begin growing and digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on.
Since mold requires water to grow, it is important to prevent moisture problems in buildings. Moisture problems can have many causes, including uncontrolled humidity. Some moisture problems in buildings have been linked to changes in building construction practices during the 1970s, 80s and 90s. Some of these changes have resulted in buildings that are tightly sealed, but may lack adequate ventilation, potentially leading to moisture buildup. Building materials, such as drywall, may not allow moisture to escape easily. Moisture problems may include:
- Roof leaks
- Landscaping or gutters that direct water into or under the building
- Unvented combustion appliances
- Delayed maintenance or insufficient maintenance are also associated with moisture problems in schools and large buildings
Moisture problems in portable classrooms and other temporary structures have frequently been associated with mold problems.
Remediators should avoid exposing themselves and others to mold-laden dusts as they conduct their cleanup activities. Caution should be used to prevent mold and mold spores from being dispersed throughout the air where they can be inhaled by building occupants.
Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. When you discover mold, call us at 941-365-4614 and we will go through our standard mold remediation process:
If You See Signs of Mold, call SERVPRO of North Sarasota Today – 941-365-4614