IT’S THE UNSEEN WATER THAT CAUSES THE MOST DAMAGE AND PROBLEMS
Here when you need us.
Any Type of Water Damage In Your Facility Is Bad.
Living and working in Sarasota, Longboat Key, Lakewood Ranch, there’s no such thing as a small disaster.
Especially when the water you don’t see contains bacteria - or causes mold, rot and other unseen damage. Water can hide in the walls, under the flooring and inside cabinetry. Water damages can affect the value of your property. So, before you get out the mop bucket and box fan to try and clean it up yourself, consider how this will affect your property.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota understands how disruptive unseen water damage can be for your business. For this reason, SERVPRO of North Sarasota offers 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained, uniformed Professional on-site within four hours to begin emergency mitigation services. By responding quickly with a full line of water cleanup and restoration services, SERVPRO of North Sarasota can help you regain control quickly while drying, deodorizing and protecting your facility and contents.
So, before you risk further damaging the value of your facility by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call your local water damage cleanup and restoration specialists at 941-365-4614 SERVPRO of North Sarasota.
HOW TO STAY SAFE WHEN FLOOD WATERS THREATEN
The Time To Prepare Is NOW!
- Knowing the types of flood risk in your area, visit FEMA’s Flood Map Service Center for information.
- Sign up for your community’s warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts.
- If flash flooding is a risk in your location, then monitor potential signs, such as heavy rain.
- Learn and practice evacuation routes, shelter plans, and flash flood response.
- Gather all of your supplies in case you have to leave immediately, or if services are cut off. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Don’t forget the needs of pets. Obtain extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
- Purchase or renew a flood insurance policy. It typically takes up to 30 days for a policy to go into effect and can protect the life you've built. Homeowner’s policies do not cover flooding.
- Keep important documents in a waterproof container. Create password-protected digital copies.
- Protect your property. Move valuables to higher levels. Declutter drains and gutters. Install check valves. Consider a sump pump with a battery.
24 Emergency Service
Call SERVPRO of North Sarasota 941-365-4614
SERVPRO of North Sarasota Is Faster to Any Size Disaster
Immediate action is crucial when dealing with water and fire damage. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help. A fast response helps lessen the damage, limits secondary damage, and reduces cost.
Fires In Your Home
Here in Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, and Lonfboat Key, a fire in your home can happen before you know it. In just two minutes, a fire can become life-threatening. In five minutes, your home can be engulfed in flames.
Learn The FactsAbout Fires
- Fireis FAST! In less than 30 seconds a small flame can turn into a major fire. It only takes minutes for thick black smoke to fill a house or for it to be engulfed in flames.
- Fire is HOT! Heat is more threatening than flames. Room temperatures in a fire can be 100 degrees at floor level and rise to 600 degrees at eye level. Inhaling this super-hot air will scorch your lungs and melt clothes to your skin.
- Fire is DARK! Fire starts bright, but quickly produces black smoke and complete darkness.
Before a Fire
Create and Practice a Fire Escape Plan
A working smoke alarm significantly increases your chances of surviving a deadly home fire.
During a Fire
- Crawl low under any smoke to your exit - heavy smoke and poisonous gases collect first along the ceiling.
- Before opening a door, feel the doorknob and door. If either is hot, or if there is smoke coming around the door, leave the door closed and use your second way out.
- If you open a door, open it slowly. Be ready to shut it quickly if heavy smoke or fire is present.
- If you can’t get to someone needing assistance, leave the home and call 9-1-1 or the fire department. Tell the emergency operator where the person is located.
- If pets are trapped inside your home, tell firefighters right away.
- If you can’t get out, close the door and cover vents and cracks around doors with cloth or tape to keep smoke out. Call 9-1-1 or your fire department. Say where you are and signal for help at the window with a light-colored cloth or a flashlight.
- If your clothes catch fire, stop, drop, and roll – stop immediately, drop to the ground, and cover your face with your hands. Roll over and over or back and forth until the fire is out. If you or someone else cannot stop, drop, and roll, smother the flames with a blanket or towel. Use cool water to treat the burn immediately for 3 to 5 minutes. Cover with a clean, dry cloth. Get medical help right away by calling 9-1-1 or the fire department.
- For more detailed fire safety tips visit www.ready.gov
SERVPRO of North Sarasota understands how disruptive and scary a fire can be in your life. For this reason, SERVPRO of North Sarasota offers 24-hour emergency response and, under normal circumstances, will have a trained, uniformed Professional on-site quickly to begin emergency services. By responding quickly, SERVPRO of North Sarasota can help you quickly regain control of your home and your life.
So, if a disaster does happen, call your local fire damage cleanup and restoration specialists at 941-365-4614 SERVPRO of North Sarasota. We’re faster to any disaster.
Why Clean Carpet or Upholstery?
Living and working in Sarasota, Longboat Key and Lakewood Ranch can take up a lot of your time, so who has time to worry about clean carpeting? Clean carpeting in your home or office not only makes it look clean but also make your home or office feel more warm and inviting.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet. IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance includes:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call us today. SERVPRO of North Sarasota is ready to serve you.
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning? Call Today 941-365-4614
Help When And Where You Need Us
We're here to help when you need us
Living and working in Sarasota, Siesta Key, Lakewood Ranch and Longboat Key, you never know when or what is going to happen.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota has an application that consists of all your emergency contacts right in the palm of your hands. The Emergency Ready Profile, or ERP, is an application designed by SERVPRO of North Sarasota to help business owners, individuals and property managers access their emergency contacts all in one spot.
We stress the ease of our ERP to our property managers because it helps especially when it comes to the local and non-local board members who would like to keep a watchful eye on the property even while they are away.
Our ERP shows locations for Water shut off valves, gas shut off, and electrical shut off in case an emergency arises. This is a service we provide at NO COST to our clients in order to keep them safe when a disaster strikes.
Call SERVPRO of North Sarasota 941-365-4614, "Like it never even happened."
Do You Have Mold In your Home?
Mold in the home
Living in Sarasota, Siesta Key, Longboat Key and Lakewood Ranch, there is always the possibility of mold. Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Sometimes we will refer out to another vendor to get testing done before and after SERVPRO® of North Sarasota remediates.
By testing for mold you can tell if there is an unhealthy level of spores in your house and find out if any allergies you might have are from mold or something else. Mold testing after removing mold can be useful after you've had mold removed from your home. Through testing you can make sure that the mold removal was a success.
There are 3 different testing methods: 1) indoor air quality to test for mold spores, 2) the AC/heating mold sampling tests the air from a forced air heating and air conditioning unit, and 3) surface mold sampling which test mold that is already growing on a surface.
SERVPRO of North Sarasota specializes in mold cleanup, remediation and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained remediation and restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You see signs of mold, call SERVPRO of North Sarasota 941-365-4614.
2022 Hurricane Season
Hurricanes can cause both storm and flood damage
According to experts the outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, are forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher).
2022 Hurricane Names
Alex, Bonnie, Colin, Danielle, Earl, Fiona, Gaston, Hermine, Ian, Julia, Karl, Lisa, Martin, Nicole, Owen, Paula, Richard, Shary, Tobias, Virgine, Walter.
Before the Hurricane Season Begins
Develop a plan. Know your homes vulnerability to the threats above - surge, wind, and flooding. Check your supplies - water, batteries, food. Know where you can evacuate to - friends, relatives, a hotel?
Since we are locally owned and operated, we can respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
So when water rushes in, keep the damage out by calling SERVPRO of North Sarasota at 941-365-4614. That’s where you’ll find a team of specialist with the experience and training to make sure your property is dry the first time. So when damage strikes your home or business, strike back by calling SERVPRO of North Sarasota.
24 hours 7 days a week SERVPRO of North Sarasota Emergency Service 941-365-4614
Restoration After A Fire Damage
Recently one of our customers had a fire in her home while cooking dinner and we were able to help her get her home restored to before the fire.
The Fire Damage Restoration Process
SERVPRO® of North Sarasota knows just how devastating a fire can be. Fire and water damage can leave your house unsafe and unlivable. They’re trained to clean and restore your home with as little disruption as possible. Learn more about the fire damage restoration process.
After a Fire
The following checklist serves as a quick reference and guide for you to follow after a fire strikes.
- Contact your local disaster relief service, such as The Red Cross, if you need temporary housing, food and medicines.
- If you are insured, contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on protecting the property, conducting inventory and contacting SERVPRO® of North Sarasota. If you are not insured, try contacting private organizations for aid and assistance.
- Check with the fire department to make sure your residence is safe to enter. Be watchful of any structural damage caused by the fire.
- The fire department should see that utilities are either safe to use or are disconnected before they leave the site. DO NOT attempt to reconnect utilities yourself.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Do not throw away any damaged goods until after an inventory is made.
- Try to locate valuable documents and records. Refer to information on contacts and the replacement process inside this brochure.
- Begin saving receipts for any money you spend related to fire loss. The receipts may be needed later by the insurance company and for verifying losses claimed on income tax.
- Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
After you call 911
Call SERVPRO® of North Sarasota 941-365-4614. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Don't Let Water Sneak Up On You!
Flat areas flood unexpectedly fast
Living in Sarasota, Siesta Key, Longboat Key and Lakewood Ranch, there is a lot of flat and open land, there is going to be something creeping at your door. It's name is Water! Areas that are in an open and or flat land are more likely to have water damage or even a flood.
During this time of the year, storms and hurricanes is the number one concern. The worst part is that it starts with just a puddle of water. Even with the door closed, a single puddle can go right through. Here are some ways to protect your home from letting water go right through the crack.
- During the summer and fall season to always make sure there are no cracks or holes in your home. If you are unsure have a trained professional come by.
- If you know there is a storm or hurricane coming, and are not asked to evacuate place some tape or sealant on your door. This will help prevent any water from coming through.
- If you are asked to evacuate then please listen to the authorities.
If you feel there is a water or storm damage call SERVPRO® of North Sarasota, we are faster to any disaster and will take care of you immediately. Call us at (941) 365-4614 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
SERVPRO® of North Sarasota Is Always Here For You
SERVPRO® of North Sarasota is always ready for any disaster
Living in Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Longboat Key or Sarasota, it doesn’t just take a hurricane, major storm or flood to cause water damages but every day appliances we use can. Everyone has a toilet, dishwasher, washing machine, air conditioner, water heater and/or more. Each one of these can cause a water damage in your home. If you encounter a water damage call SERVPRO of North Sarasota so we can get to the water issue before it gets any worse. Our number one goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss condition, doing all we can to make it “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of North Sarasota is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of the customers being helped.
24-Hour Emergency Service
In our business, you need us fast! The sooner we arrive, the better the chance we can reduce damage and save money. SERVPRO® of North Sarasota is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Trained, Uniformed Professionals
A trained, uniformed and equipped SERVPRO® Professional will walk you through the job process and then work quickly to restore your property to preloss condition whenever possible.
Call SERVPRO of North Sarasota at 941-365-4614