How to avoid getting trapped in the flames
Getting caught in a fire is never an easy situation. It is very stressful, and hectic to a very high degree. Plus the effects of the after math make things a lot worse, to a point were we just give up. However, there are ways to avoid this situation or at least keep the damage to a minimum.
Fires can happen at any moment. It can start from a simple house fire, to high temperatures in the blazing desert. This means it's always good to stay prepared. Fires should be thought of as a natural disaster because that is how bad they can become. If you aren't ready the effects can get real bad. Here are some ideas to help you avoid the flames...
- If you have a home make sure to check all your fire alarms. For business owners make sure to check your sprinkler systems.
- Check all fire extinguishers and make sure they are full. Place all fire extinguishers where you have any flammable materials.
- Check all outlets, and make sure they are safe. If you see a spark do not use that outlet, as this can cause a fire really quick without warning.
- Make sure the stoves are off after use!
- Take picture(s) of all your material for insurance.
- Have an emergency plan ready!
Here are some things you can do to recover, and keep your damage to a minimum.
- If you smell smoke, assess the situation. If the fire is small put it out with an extinguisher and then call 911.
- If your sprinklers turn on the have everyone evacuate the building and call 911.
- If you have an emergency plan call those people to help come out to help restore.
We understand fires are never easy, but being prepared is the best way to avoid a situation like this. If you do have fire damage or need an Emergency Readiness Plan (ERP) which is at no charge to you call us here at SERVPRO Of North Sarasota (941) 365-4614.